Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tagged Under: , , , , ,

Creamsicle Oreo-Stuffed Orange Cookies

Share


Some of the best things in life are orange and white. 


There's my cat, Samson. 
Grown-up Samson.


Teenage Samson.
Baby Samson.
My alma mater, the University of Tennessee.


And, now...

Creamsicle Oreos!!!


I snatched up these limited-edition yummies, no questions asked. I learned my lesson with Birthday Cake Oreos a few weeks backI didn't buy them the first time I saw them, and within a week, they were nowhere to be found. I was dying to make Birthday Cake Oreo-stuffed Funfetti Cookies, but, clearly, it was not meant to be. Luckily, I've been newly inspired by Creamsicle Oreos, since I do love orange creme almost as much as I love Funfetti. I whipped up a batch of orange cake mix cookie dough, nestled it around the cookies, and voila, creamy, citrusy deliciousness. 



One suggestion: Eat them while they're fresh. The texture of the hot, gooey center contrasts deliciously with the cookie's crispness. 


Creamsicle Oreo-Stuffed Orange Cookies

What you need
1 bag Creamsicle Oreos
1 box orange cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
Colored sugar crystals  

Put it all together
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  2. Stir together the cake mix, oil, and eggs until thoroughly combined.
  3. Measure out tablespoon-size balls of dough. Place a dough ball on either side of each Oreo, and press the two pieces of dough around the edges of the cookie. No part of the Oreo should still be visible. Sprinkle with sugar crystals.
  4. Place the covered Oreos two inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. 
  5. Eat while hot!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment